Monday, March 26, 2012

Song of the Day - 3/26/2012

Stream the song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAURatEXp9k

I will do my best to try and make this a daily post. The posts that will annually follow this one will feature the same format: a write-up on a song and I'll link it for listening pleasure. Regarding the songs, I will use songs that have been recently released but I may change it up on some of the days.

Death Grips - Lost Boys

The latest single to be released off the Sacramento-based experimental hip-hop group's upcoming album, The Money Store. I loved their 2011 debut album/mixtape Ex Military and it ended up being one of my favorites of the year.

Death Grips is one of those bands that you either love or hate. At first listen, I really didn't like them. But after a couple of listens to Ex Military, I fell in love with it. The whole album is unlike anything I have ever heard before. It doesn't take the word "experimental" lightly.

As a whole, Death Grips is an unforgettable and insanely energetic band and with their latest song, they prove and enforce that statement.With Stefan Burnett's distinctly loud vocals over a raw, powerfully driving beat, I can't help but love this song. It's addicting. I can't wait for The Money Store; if this song is any indication of what the rest of the album will sound like, then The Money Store will be one of the best albums of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment